Topic: Failure to convert slideshow [Resolved]

Have been working with tech support for several days. It is a very slow process when you don't get a reply for 15-16 hours. 25 minute slide show halted at 19%. Redid and it halted at 28%. Dedicated and it halted at 48%. Contacted tec support andd they suggested I load latest video driver. I did so and restarted the conversion four more times with various stalling out times. Each time the counter of minutes to complete kept going up and up. Left it in stalled state for 1 hr, then 3 hrs, then 10 hrs. Re contacted tech support. They asked for me to run a system check bat file. Did so, but then discovered that the ticket support site did not accept the upload of the text file created by their bat file. You would think they might know that. Converted the text file to PDF and submitted. Waited another 12 hours to get message that I should install a didderent video driver, but before I did so, I discovered that the file they were asking me to use was actually the original video driver I started out with. Are these guys serious about helping? And why does it take so long to get a response. I know I didn't pay a lot for this software, and there are plenty of other competitive products to choose from, but I actually kind of like the way this one worked until I got to outputting. In order to solve my problem of outputting in a timely manner, I had to break show into pieces, reassemble in another program and output.I needed show by tomorrow and just could not wait for days of bad advice to finally get results.

2 (edited by Lesley 2017-02-13 08:33:52)

Re: Failure to convert slideshow [Resolved]

Hi, I'm really sorry you've been having issues. Actually, tech support was right asking you to update the video card driver - that's the first thing to do when there's a video conversion problem. As for the exact driver link, if I get it right, they got your system info only after you installed a new driver, so they couldn't have known what the original driver was. Anyway, if it didn't help, there are further things to try, and support will work with you on these. Sorry that it takes a while, they do try to respond asap, but there are lots of customer requests on a range of products, so it gets really busy at times. You'll definitely get a reply within 24 hours, though, except for weekends and public holidays.

I have this exact problem.
I can't create the movie out of my slides.
The counter of elapsed time keep climbing up to infinity.
At some point the process get kicked out of windows due to memory leak.
I bought the "Deluxe lisence" and I feel I am throwing my money....
Please Help!
Effrat.

Have you written to tech support? What did they say?

Has anyone actually gotten this to work? I'm having the same problem...

If the video conversion freezes, be sure to check this post: http://slideshow-forum.com/viewtopic.php?id=351
Try the solutions described there. If that doesn't help, contact our tech support here: http://smartshow-software.com/support.php