Topic: Changing Photos Aspect

I purchased the glamourous style template pack and am needing to change the photo aspect from horizontal to vertical and can't seem to get the animated frames around the pic to change to a vertical view. Is there a way to do that?

Re: Changing Photos Aspect

That's possible in theory, but that's not easy at all because you'd have to change too many settings.

Most of the slides have several photo boxes, and a frame for each photo. First, you'll need to find the corresponding frame layer for each photo. Then, change the Rotate setting in the Animation tab to 90 degrees - but not just once. You have to do the same for each of the keyframes, both for the frame layer and for the photo layer. As a result, the layer position will change and you'll probably want to adjust it - for each of the keyframes again. I tried rotating one of the frames (the layer name is 3.png in template 1), here's what it looks like:

https://c7.staticflickr.com/6/5822/30574200350_e408221e09_b.jpg

As you see, the one on the right is vertical, but it's off center now. You can change the position for each of the keyframes, though. Cumbersome but possible.

You can't simply change the frame shape because each frame is a png file with its own dimensions and a certain aspect ratio.

Hope this makes some sense.

It makes sense but is there a video that shows how to do this? This is for my business and unfortunately all my pics are in vertical aspect and can't be changed. It long necklaces. Maybe I could change it all, save it then just change the pics out as needed. I tried to do what you suggested but can't get it to work.  I love this pack but won't be able to use it if I can't change the position. I would like to buy more templates but if I can't fix this one they won't do me any good since most are in horizontal aspect. Thanks!!!!

I'm afraid there is no video lesson as this is quite an unusual task. I'd say it would be easier for you to take new photos (landscape-oriented ones) than mess with complicated settings - you'd really spend hours on modifying each template I suppose.
We could give you the steps for some layer of the first template to show you an example. However, if dealing with layers is not something you're already familiar with, you risk making lots of mistakes that will be hard to fix.
Do you think you could take new photos of your necklaces? That would be much faster and easier, believe me.

They are long necklaces. I already tried and the whole picture of the necklace won't fit. Wow wish I would have know this before I bought it. They need to make a version for both aspects. All your templates are like that.

I understand that the vertical pictures won't fit. I thought that you could probably take some new pictures, horizontal ones this time (like this one for example: link. Do you think that would work?

All of our templates are created for standard 4:3 photos from digital cameras, and most really have landscape-oriented boxes as people tend to hold the camera the usual way. But it's clear that there can be some exceptions, we have some templates with vertical boxes as well, not a whole set though.