Topic: using and deleting background photos and videos?

I am using photos and video's that I have downloaded from the web as background for my pictures in the software.  The photos are downloaded on my C drive.  In the software I can choose between photos as backgrounds but the software will not allow me to delete the prior background.  It will allow me to keep choosing different photos as backgrounds but will not allow me to delete the background photo, when I change my mind.    I want to be able to use photos on my computer as backgrounds for my pictures, how do I delete the background?

Also I would like to replace some of the photos I am using as background with videos I have also downloaded.  I would like to use the videos as background for the pictures.  The software will not allow me to add the video as background, the only way I have been able to add video is to add a picture, and then layer the video I haven't been able to use the video as background on the background tab in the software.

Thanks for your help

Re: using and deleting background photos and videos?

Hi, I'm not sure I completely understand the problem (some screenshots would be great) but there are basically 2 ways to set a photo as slide background:
1) while in the Slide tab, select Image under Background and add your photo
or
2) click Add Layer, and your photo, stretch it to fill the frame, and then send it backward using the green arrow button (I mean one of the two layer buttons in the top right corner of the slide preview window).

The second way can also be used for videos.

You write that the software doesn't let you delete the previous background. Depending on the way this background was created, you can either replace the image (1st way) or delete the layer (2nd way).

If you need further help with this, please include some screenshots.

i have the program just freeze after when im using diff. things, ex. using background or more things. I made the first video with but its was a little shaky. why?

Hi,

I recommend checking out this thread: http://slideshow-forum.com/viewtopic.php?id=351
The solutions there (like updating video card drivers) may be applied to freezes or minor glitches as well.

If that doesn't help, contact our tech support here: http://smartshow-software.com/support.php