Topic: SmartShow 3D Themes [Resolved]

I recently got a set of themes which I have now installed.

I can see the new themes under  Collage.

But the question is how do I choose them like when I choose theme  while making 5 minute slideshow?
Can I choose one of the new theme at the start of making the slideshow and then insert photos like I do for 5 minute slideshow?

I know I can use the new themes with individual photos in the time-line.

Re: SmartShow 3D Themes [Resolved]

I'm afraid you can only use the new templates as Collages, one at a time. When the designers create such template packs, their aim is to give the user as much flexibility as possible, so that each project looks unique. You can choose which photos to use for a certain collage, where exactly to put this collage, etc. Many of the designer templates won't look that great with random photos, just because of the color scheme or the shape of frames and things like that. That's why the user's control is vital if you want to get a gorgeous slideshow in the end.

Yes you are right. The template designers designed the templates for flexibility. But that has made more complicated for ordinary and novice users for those who wish to produce a slideshow fairly quickly.

I have been playing with  the templates. While I agree that they are nice but becomes quite complicated and difficult specially when there is no "Undo" option with this product. I have been making changes to my project to see how it looks like. However I can not undo a change in the middle of the slideshow project.

It would have been good if these templates were available in 5 minutes slideshow as well.

Actually, there is an Undo button in the slide editor. There's multiple undo & redo, which means that you can experiment with the chosen slide as much as you want. You'll be able to undo/redo any action (provided that you don't hit Save).

There's no undo option in the main program window, but all of the actions you perform while in the main window can be fixed easily. The only thing you can't undo here is deleting a slide I guess.

Can you tell us which particular action you want to revert? Perhaps there's some quite efficient way we can think of.

Thanks Lesley
I didn't spot the undo and redo button. I'll check again tonight.
I was looking for the undo option in Edit -> Undo which is not there.

Another thing; When a project has gone wrong and I have made too many mistakes and I want to quit, there is no "close project" option. I am having to close the SmartShow3D  application and reopen the project.

I suppose I am looking for an option available in Photoshop. I can see you telling me "this is not photoshop" LOL

As you have said deleting slide is also missing which leaves old experimental clutters lying around.

sudip.sur wrote:

I suppose I am looking for an option available in Photoshop. I can see you telling me "this is not photoshop" LOL

big_smile You're very smart indeed!

sudip.sur wrote:

deleting slide is also missing

I guess you got it wrong. You can delete any slide. Just select it in the timeline and hit Del on your keyboard. Or use Edit > Delete. Or right-click on the slide in the timeline and select Edit > Delete.
But remember that you won't be able to revert that. That's actually the only thing that you can't revert I guess.

sudip.sur wrote:

I didn't spot the undo and redo button.

Here it is:

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1565/26016521260_44f240304f_c.jpg

sudip.sur wrote:

When a project has gone wrong and I have made too many mistakes and I want to quit, there is no "close project" option. I am having to close the SmartShow3D  application and reopen the project.

You can just click New Project. The program will ask you whether you want to save the changes. You can choose No, and then reopen the project you've been working on. This way you won't have to close the application.

Going back to subject of Themes; I don't know if anyone has said that some of the themes are  a bit over animated.

Don't get me wrong; I love those themes but some of those themes tend to take attention away from beautiful photos.
My photos are hi res with beautiful colour and I am using less animation so that the viewers are not distracted by graphics.

10 (edited by Lesley 2016-04-07 16:10:50)

Sure, and I totally agree with you here. But tastes differ, and designers have all sorts of customers in mind when working on the templates. We also have some sets that are rather minimalistic.
Check out these for example:
http://smartshow-software.com/photo-pre … plates.php
http://smartshow-software.com/professio … styles.php
http://smartshow-software.com/stylish-s … rounds.php

Besides, you are free to edit any designer's template - remove cliparts, change the background image, and you get something absolutely new, with the same animation settings though. You can also fiddle with animation once you get the hang of it:)