Topic: MY SLIDE SHOW DOES NOT WORK AT ALL [Resolved]

I purchased SmartShow this evening and it just does not work.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled with absolutely no success. 

1.  When I click on File, the only options I have is 
      New Project, Slide Show in 5 minutes, Open Project 

BUT WHEN I CLICK ON NEW PROJECT...NOTHING HAPPENS

2.  Then, I click on Slide Show in 5 mins.  I added 14 random photos for testing
did not have any music to add, so I skipped that and clicked done.

3. NOTHING EVER LOADED.  I WAITED FOR 20 MINUTES AND THE SCREEN NEVER CHANGED

ALL IS SAID WAS LOADING, PLEASE WAIT AND THERE WAS NEVER ANY PROGRESS

4.  TRIED TO CANCEL AND EXIT AND THE SCREEN WOULD NOT MOVED.  I COULD NOT EVEN EXIT OUT, I HAD TO USE MY TASK MANAGER TO CLOSE THE PROGRAM.

How do I make this work or I want my money back

Azar Colter
azardominates@gmial.com

PS    I would prefer that it worked.  Would really like to use it

Re: MY SLIDE SHOW DOES NOT WORK AT ALL [Resolved]

Hi Azar, Sorry you are having trouble. I just followed your recipe, and the slideshow loaded without any problems? What operating system are you using, and how much Ram do you have?
I am not sure if the program needs flash or quicktime to work? If you wait for Lesley to see this post, I am sure she can help you?

Hi Azar, such problems appear if you don't have the right video card driver.

You need to look up your video card make and model, then go to the manufacturer's website and download the latest driver compatible with your Windows version. (Note that a standard Windows check is not enough in most cases).

We've also sent you an email. Let us know if the problem is resolved.

I have downloaded the smartshow 3D software and its not working properly. . .

Hi, please provide more details so we can assist you.

Hi Lesley, I downloaded the free trial to see what it's like but it doesn't work. If you look above and read Newbie's message that is exactly what is happening to me. Have tried countless times to no avail. Can you help? I don't want to purchase it if it doesn' work.

Cheers Anna

Hi Anna,
You mean the very first post in this thread if I get it right - nothing happens when you click "New Project", the "Loading" message is there forever if you try a theme from "Slideshow in 5 minutes" etc.
If that's what happens to you, then the answer is the same: you need to install the right video card driver.
This should be the latest driver from the video card manufacturer, compatible with your Windows version.
Please contact our tech support team here: http://smartshow-software.com/support.php
They'll help you find the right driver for your computer.

Ok thanks Lesley. Will maybe try it on my work laptop and see if it works. Just have to go through administrator to get permission. Will report back if it doesn't work

Sure, let us know how it works!

Hi Lesley it works on other laptop. Probably because it is a newer laptop.

Thanks

I am having the exact problem I updated my video card driver but it still does not work

Hi, have you written to tech support?