Topic: Error when burning D V D [Resolved]

When attempting to finish my slideshow it gave me many problems and I had to remove some slides or effects to get everything to get to the point where it says I can burn. As soon as it gets to that final step it says "error bm creating DVD- ERR: error in parsing xml"
I have tried to publish every other way and it will not let me.

2 (edited by Lesley 2015-04-03 17:28:14)

Re: Error when burning D V D [Resolved]

Hi, this is not a common error and we need to contact the engineers regarding this. Meanwhile, please try creating a video in any common format, such as AVI or MP4 - most modern DVD players will play such video file from disc or USB drive.
So, just choose "Create Video Slideshow" instead of "Create DVD Slideshow".

It just freezes at 18%. The same issue I have when I try any other method including you tube etc. Not always 18%. Sometimes 2% sometimes 50%. It changes.

What are your computer specifications?  EG: How much RAM/What CPU/Graphics card?

I have windows 8.1
Intel penguin 2.50 GHz
4.0 GB RAM
64 bit OS

Now I can't even get that far.. It just stops at 51% of "creating video stream" frustrating

Well there's nothing wrong with your specifications! Could be your DVD drive that is the problem?

I called my dad last night. (My personal tech support) he said xml could not read some file names. I   all of my file names since i didn't know which one was the issue. It fixed the freezing problem. So I was able to save as MP4 and AVI. And burn those to disc. Hopefully it will work on the DVD player they are using at the wedding.  It's not the DVD player. It won't even save to the computer as the file when I use "create DVD" which I paid the xtra money for this program specifically for that feature. hmm

Hi, good to hear that you were able to export this project to video, and I hope you were able to play it.
As for the DVD burning error, we recommend submitting this issue to our Support Center since there are many factors involved. We need to know more details to help you resolve the problem for your future projects, so please open a ticket here: http://smartshow-software.com/support.php