Topic: DVD will not play, not finalized.

After I build the slideshow, I burn OK to the DVD disk as a DVD video. It plays fine in the PC, but shows as an invalid DVD on any external stand alone player I try. If I look at the properties of the DVD in the computer, it shows some used space (as expected), but also FREE space as well. A finalized DVD ROM should show no free space on the disk. This usually means that the disk has not been finalized (or closed). What am I doing wrong ( or NOT doing) so that I can get any DVD player to play the disk? I can't seem to find any way to make this happen in Smartshow (VER 4.0).
Thanks for any response,
Joel

Re: DVD will not play, not finalized.

What is your DVD player make and model?
Which type of disc are you using? DVD+R, -R, -RW, +RW, -RAM?

The Writer is a TSST Corp CDDVDW SH-S223C. It's always worked OK with Nero and other apps. I am using a DVD-R.
The Player is a Panasonic DMR ES30V VHS/DVD combo unit. I have built and played many DVD videos with this unit.

Your video player seems to have difficulties playing DivX-encoded videos.
Please check the following pages of the player manual: link1, link2. You obviously need to use DVD-R to burn such videos, and some fiddling is required with this video player.
Anyway, there is a simpler solution:
in the "Create DVD Slideshow" dialog, choose the option "Create DVD folders", and then burn the folders to a DVD using Nero.

OK, thanks for the tips.
I'll try the folders option and see how that goes.
Joel

i a am having problems still trying to burn a movie onto a disc it is a r-disc.can you help please.i dont think i have the right burner can i use nero or k-lite.

Hi,

i a am having problems

What happens when you try burning a DVD? Is there any error? Or it doesn't play on your DVD player?

can i use nero or k-lite.

You can. Go to "Create DVD Slideshow", then pick "Create DVD folders". Once the folders are created, burn them to a disc using any standard burner.

I have been having the same problem.  I have even tried creating to the DVD folder and burning the DVD with nero and the windows burner.  Nothing helps....EXCEPT, the DVD video plays great when using a Blu-Ray player or on my computer.  This Saturday I am having to load my Blu-Ray player to a funeral home...  Not pleasant.

Hi, we're sorry for any inconvenience.
If you're experiencing serious problems, you should contact our tech support http://ams-photo-software.com/support/smartshow3d.php The messages we get there are high priority, here it can take us a little bit longer to response.