Topic: Did I purchase software or subscription [Resolved]

I purchased SmartSHOW 3D Pro two years ago to make a slide show for my daughters funeral.  At the time I was under the impression that I would have unlimited used of the software I purchased.  Recently I was asked to make a slideshow for a wedding, but when I started up SmartSHOW today, I was told I only have the trial version despite having a product key. I'm now told that my "Free upgrades period has expired." However, I don't want an upgraded version, I want to use the version I purchased 2 years ago.  So here's my question, did I buy a version of the SmartSHOW software two years ago or did I buy a subscription to SmartSHOW?  If SmartSHOW is selling subscriptions its awfully misleading, I never would have paid for it if I knew this was the case. There should be no reason I cannot use an old version of the software I purchased.

Re: Did I purchase software or subscription [Resolved]

First of all, when you purchase our software, you get a life-long license for the version you purchased. So you should be able to use the old version.
I suggest contacting our tech support here: http://smartshow-software.com/support.php
- because it looks like there is an error on our activation server side. They will help you with this matter.

Great, thank you

I have the same issue. Contacted the Tech support, and their reply is just to purchase the updated version. I should not be forced to purchase the new version in order to use the program at all!

Hi!

The updates are not obligatory: the tech support recommended renewing the license because this gives you the right to get all important updates. They make the software more stable and provide you with access to new features. However, you can still use the old version if you want - just tell the tech support about it and they will help you.