Topic: Burn to DVD [Resolved]

I have tried to burn to a dvd and it keeps freezing...I have everything up to date...if anyone can give me some advise on what the problem can be I would greatly appreciate it..Thank you!

Re: Burn to DVD [Resolved]

Have you contacted tech support? What did they say?

Does anyone know what the steps are for saving your slideshow to DVD?  I have been trying for about a year (off and on) and I have received instructions from tech support but NOTHING works.  I am getting nervous that my old laptop will crash soon, as I have been having problems with it.  Is there any tricks about how to save it?  Is there a way to save it to a flashdrive?  If so, how would you play it on something that does not have the actual software on it?  DVD would be great.  Then I could always play it on another computer or TV.  Any help would be great.  Thanks all!

Hi Maria, the quickest solution for you would be to save your slideshow to a flash drive as an HD video. Then you can play this file on any other computer, and you don't need the software installed there - it's a usual video file that can be played anywhere. What's more, you'll get the best possible quality this way.
As for your DVD issues, there are lots of factors that could be involved, so you'd better work with tech support on this. However, if video on a flash drive sounds like a solution, just stick to it. DVD can never provide the same quality.

yes I have contacted tech support. They had me try to download a driver but said my computer did not meet the requirements. I have tried to install different drivers and I am not getting anywhere. Getting pretty angry with it.

6 (edited by Lesley 2017-05-23 10:03:24)

cfrederick38 wrote:

They had me try to download a driver but said my computer did not meet the requirements.

Unfortunately, it is not uncommon that older hardware is no longer supported by the vendors, especially when a new version of Windows is released. In such cases, the video card manufacturers tend to provide new drivers for recent models only, and may not cover older versions.

Anyway, I've looked into your support ticket and I see that it is not clear yet whether your hardware is that old. You just need to follow the support recommendations to find a working driver. You could also consult your computer technician if you have one nearby. The point is that you need a working video card driver on your computer for video creation to work properly.

i have been making a dvd movie with smartshow 3D and put the blank dvd in did everything right and has the movie was burning it
said the file may be corrupt or i need a new format how do i do this has i am stuck at the moment and have photos on i cant even burn to dvd.it says i mite have to have a klite codec im not sure what this is .please do you have a link for me how to get it.thank you paul grundy.

Hi Paul!

paul.grundy1 wrote:

it said the file may be corrupt or i need a new format.

Did you get this message just once, or are you getting it again when you try to make a DVD?