Topic: Music not playing [Resolved]

Hi,

I created several DIVX slideshow video and added mp3 music as background music.
Could you tell me why the slideshow video is silent? i.e no music.
Music plays fine when I do slideshow preview. But the music doesn't play after creating the video, all silent.

I created few slideshows with wma music file and there was no such issue.

Is mp3 music not supported?

Re: Music not playing [Resolved]

Hi, this sounds weird. Of course MP3 is supported, and there should be no problem if you could play it in preview mode. Which audio codec did you choose before creating the video? If the AAC codec is chosen, can you try MP3?

hi Lesley,
How do I choose the codec?
I downloaded this mp3 from a music website and just added the music mp3 to slideshow and created the HD DivX video file. However there was no sound.

Once I convert the same mp3 into wma it worked fine.

Do I need to select the codec before creating the slideshow video?

Right, you choose the audio codec before converting the project to video. Here's a screenshot:

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1457/26646658606_10706f4836_z.jpg

Hi Lesley
Thanks for the info which I'll try this evening.
I hope you wouldn't mind me saying; you are a Gem
Cheers

Hi Lesley
Last night I produced another slideshow with mp3 music. I followed what you suggested and it seems to have worked.

I would have thought software should be clever enough to detect the type of file and process accordingly. For wma music file no such codec selection needed.

I still have several slideshow to do. I'll come back if I have further problem,
As my slideshows have the best quality and highest resolution it takes many hours to do the video. I normally do this overnight.

It would have been good if the software had a shutdown option after video create was completed.

Thanks for now.
cheers

Hi, it's great that it worked. Actually, you're right, the software should choose the most suitable codec automatically. But there might be occasional errors as you can see - no one's perfect sad

sudip.sur wrote:

It would have been good if the software had a shutdown option after video create was completed.

Good idea! I'll forward this to the project manager.