Topic: How to record a commentary [Resolved]

I have created a slideshow of our latest holiday.
What I am trying to do is to record spoken description of the holiday while slideshow preview is running. This will be like story telling of our holiday.

I can record my commentary separately and add them later. But I want to record while preview is running.

How do I do this?
I can record a commentary for individual picture/s but haven’t found a way to record while preview is running.

Re: How to record a commentary [Resolved]

In the current version, you can't record commentaries and play the preview at the same time. We're thinking of adding this option in future updates.
Fortunately, you can move any of your comments wherever you need in the timeline, so matching the visuals to the voiceover shouldn't be that difficult.

Thanks Lesley,
The problem is that when all these features are released in a new version it probably wouldn't be a free update.
Are free updates only available for first 12 months just like tech support?

I have another question which I'll ask in a separate thread.

That's right, updates are free within 12 months after purchase. I'm really not sure whether the engineers will implement voice recording with preview this year. It's a very complicated task if you want it to be stable and reliable.