Topic: AVCHD video file into slideshow [Resolved]

I am about a week old using this software and exploring various features.

Does SmardShow 3d support AVCHD video insert inside the slideshow?

I tried inserting a small clip and the preview output was very jittery and not nice.

I am still waiting to complete  a full slide show as it failing (without AVCHD video) at about 80 - 90%
I contacted the support centre and they suggested reduce the image quality to standard setting in project setting.
Will it not reduce the slideshow photo quality?

I know this software can do DVD (not tried yet). Will that be a HD DVD?

Re: AVCHD video file into slideshow [Resolved]

Hi, welcome to this forum!

sudip.sur wrote:

Does SmardShow 3d support AVCHD video insert inside the slideshow?

No it doesn't. You'd better convert this video file to AVI or MP4 before inserting it into the slideshow.

sudip.sur wrote:

I am still waiting to complete  a full slide show as it failing (without AVCHD video) at about 80 - 90%
I contacted the support centre and they suggested reduce the image quality to standard setting in project setting.
Will it not reduce the slideshow photo quality?

The quality may be somewhat reduced, but you won't notice it unless you play the video on a very big screen. Anyway, the video conversion freezing issue may have different reasons and solutions. Updating your video card driver may be necessary. I'm sure support will find the right solution for you.

sudip.sur wrote:

I know this software can do DVD (not tried yet). Will that be a HD DVD? Does it support burn on a BDR (bluray) disk?

I'm afraid not. In fact, the DVD format is a lossy one and will never give you the same quality as MP4 (full HD). You can actually create an MP4 1080p video and then burn it to DVD with Windows tools or your preferred burner. Most modern DVD players will be able to play the disc. Besides, most players and TVs today have a USB port, so you can just put the video file on a USB stick and play it.

Thanks Lesley,

I'll convert my AVCHD (M2TS) video files prior to inserting. That means more work and I have to find a converter as well.

The slideshow video quality is very important to me as I am planning to display them on large screen TV for my family and friends.
I am very fussy about quality of the photo and video.

If the DVD is a lossy one then I'll stick to HD video file and play then on my DVD player using an USB or a disc.

With regard to slideshow failing at 80 - 90%, the tech support also suggested to update the video driver which I am planning to do tonight.

Keeping fingers crossed hopefully problem will be resolved.
I am really looking forward to produce some decent quality slideshow.

I'll keep you informed.

Hi Lesley
Just to let you know that I updated the video card driver last night and I am so glad that it worked.
I managed to produce a HD DivX slideshow in maximum photo quality without any error. This was my first slideshow with this software. The colour and the quality is absolutely wonderful.

I am really very pleased with the software and the slideshow it produced.
Now I need to explore other features of the software.
Thanks

Great to hear that! Good luck with your next project, and feel free to share your slideshows on this forum smile

I would love to share my slideshows with others.  The only problem is that the HD slideshow file is huge (over 2Gb) and it will take many hours to upload on YouTube. I'll do that at some point.

If you need to upload a slideshow to YouTube, consider making a smaller video file. If you uploaded a high quality full HD video, YouTube would compress it anyway. So it's a good idea to prepare a smaller file in advance. HD-ready usually works fine for us, it's decent quality for the Web and doesn't take long to upload.