Topic: SmartShow3D only works about 60 per cent [Resolved]

I have made over 250 hundred videos using this software, and 40 per cent of the time issues come up.  I know how to get around some of those issues when setting up the frames.  No problem, even though often times when I correct text that has been put into the text box by copy and paste, by typing, a big screen pops us saying "Report to Tech people:  not enough memory."  OK, I can usually get around that, I have found a way.  This is the best software that I have found for making videos, but it does not have the best batting average.  I have purchased about 95 per cent of all of the Templates, have spent many hours making videos, and a whole lot hours that the software would not create the video.  Like I said, in case that is 40 per cent of the time.  And the issue is something that I not seen talked about on this forum, and that is, in my case, the program stops are 24 per cent, another time, 41 per cent, and even many times when I only had 3 minutes left.  The result if frustration, and more frustration.  Why is that happening?  Usually I see what frame that it stopped on, change the picture in that frame and try it again, more often than not, to no avail.  So I am asking you Why?  Why or what is causing this kind of issue?  OK, we have the very best software for making videos that works only 60 per cent of the time.  I am currently looking for other software.  And when I submit to tech an issue, they are very slow in replying.

Re: SmartShow3D only works about 60 per cent [Resolved]

Hi Steve, thank you for your feedback. As to the video conversion issues, program freezing at the video creation stage is a common issue, mostly caused by the video card driver. You need to install the latest video card driver available for your Windows version, and the driver should come from the hardware vendor (an automatic Windows driver check is not enough). Please contact tech support - they'll assist you with updating the driver.