Topic: How to make a slideshow video in HD quality - tips & secrets

Creating a flawless HD video slideshow can be quite challenging, especially if you use all sorts of special effects in your project.
Out new tutorial will help you preserve the image quality, select slide effects and transitions, and make a video that will look great on HDTV and plasma screens!

Read the tutorial...

Have a question? Post it here!

Re: How to make a slideshow video in HD quality - tips & secrets

Nice vid thanx. I got a question: will smartshow support 4K resolution in future releases?

iwearpandas wrote:

Nice vid thanx. I got a question: will smartshow support 4K resolution in future releases?

For sure SmartSHOW will support 4K, as soon as it will become mainstream thing.

hi, I have created a video slideshow made up of video clips taken from our vacation. However, when I attempt to convert it for internet/Facebook, etc. it comes up with an error message and prompts me to contact technical support. Any idea?
  regards
  David

Hi, just replied to you here: http://slideshow-forum.com/viewtopic.php?pid=968#p968

HELP!  My Brother's funeral is in 2 days!  I have a powerful Core I7 desktop with 16GB RAM.  I created a project file with about 80 pictures and it runs about 9 minutes.  It has simple quick transitions between pictures and has music synchronized with the pictures.  No 3D or fancy effects.  It runs perfectly in the software playback.  I successfully created a DVD and AVI file using this project.  Both work and play, but I want need an MP4 file. 

As an example, I tried to create the following MP4 file:
HD Ready 720
Quality : 3200 kbit
File size: 219 MB
Frame rate: 24
Sample rate: 3200
Bit rate: 192
MP3/stereo
Prep files and Create Audio stream work fine and very quickly

Create video stream stops part way through the file creation!  For example at 39% or 50% complete.  At different places when I try slightly different settings.  It will get to 50% fairly quickly…in 5 or 6 minutes.   I don’t get any error message.  The time remaining just continues to go up.  Once I let it run overnight and it won’t get past a certain point…  The point it stops changes depending on settings I choose ie 1080 vs 720.

After I manually stop the process, the resulting file works fine, but only for the partial recording.

Please HELP!  I need a solution fast.

I tried to again to create a 1080 MP4 file and it made it all the way to 99% and then stopped!  Time elapsed was 20:18 and time left was 15 seconds.  It’s still running but seems to have stopped.  Now time elapsed is 52 minutes and time remaining is 43 sec.  Time remaining goes up a second every so often and time elapsed keeps going up…  Behavior seems random each time I try to record an MP4 file.  What should I do?

bkwunder, I suggest contacting our tech support, they will find a solution for this problem.
http://smartshow-software.com/support.php