Topic: New slide effects: falling leaves, snow, bubbles, butterflies, etc.

SmartSHOW 3D 4.0 features a great variety of beautiful slide effects which are based on 3D particles motion.

Now you can add falling leaves or snowstorm to your photos, make butterflies flatter, bubbles fly around, and a lot more. The slide editor lets you fine-tune the effect settings: make snowflakes spin and fall slowly, choose the image, size and number of the leaves, etc. There are endless opportunities for creativity here!

This video lesson reveals some secrets of slide effects:

Re: New slide effects: falling leaves, snow, bubbles, butterflies, etc.

That's a huge pack, I like it. And a quick question - can you mix different types of motion effects? Like putting butterflies and bubbles together etc.?

You cannot mix the type of effects shown here (would look pretty weird in fact!), but you can certainly combine these effects with standard layers animation and camera animation.
Besides, there is a separate set of Glow effects, and there are no limits for mixing them. We'll make a demo on glow effects soon.

Could a future version add some rain effects, from gentle showers to heavy stormy rain?

Check out the Rain effect in the Other section.
There are several presets: Autumn rain, Large drops, Rain shower, Rain through sunshine.
You can also play with the effect settings - number and size of rain drops, speed, direction etc. - this way you can create an original effect of your own.

6 (edited by Willabong 2014-07-01 12:54:38)

I must be suffering a senior moment, because I cannot find any rain effects?  Where exactly would I find them please?

Never mind, I have found them, and the effect is really good after a bit of tweaking!

Here's a screenshot showing where to find the Rain effect:

rain-effect

And here is a nice example of the rain effect, used by the designer for the "Four Seasons" templates collection:
watch in action!

I was trying to add "clouds" effect to my photo and couldn't find the way to change the area to apply it for. The thing is, I have a photo where the sky takes like the half and I want clouds to be running in the upper half of the photo. Is it manageable?

All the "nature" effects are applied to the whole slide, and they serve as an additional layer which is immune to resizing. Unfortunately, your idea can't be realized in the current version of SmartSHOW 3D. Anyway, there are still plenty of opportunities to jazz up your slideshow with awesome effects.

Too bad, I just have to choose another effect then.
Anyway, thanks for you reply. Hope to see more functions in your app soon.

May I resurrect this thread to ask if slide effects can be added to more than one image at a time?

Not from the slide editor.
However, some nature effects can also be found in the Animation tab ("Autumn Mood" and "Snowfall" for example) and you can add these to a group of slides at a time.

Here are the steps.
1. Open the Animation tab and find the effects you want (probably in the Nature group). I chose "Snowfall" to make a sample screenshot for you.
2. Select a group of slides in the storyboard holding the Ctrl key. I selected slides 3, 4, and 6.
3. Click Apply Effect.

And here's a screenshot:
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1452/26166889715_9180a31c06_c.jpg

OK thanks Lesley