Topic: Aspect ratio questions

When I design my slideshow and then create a video (mp4) for playback on my TV I use the 16:9 aspect ratio.

When I view this on my computer it plays back and looks exactly like I created it, however, when I play it back on my widescreen TV (even setting the aspect ratio on the TV to 16:9), it does not play it back as expected. It appears as though the slideshow is bigger (both horizontally and vertically) than can fit on the TV screen.

So, any ideas - other than get a new TV? smile

Are there any settings that I can select when creating the finished slideshow (mp4) that can correct this problem?

What I don't want to do is re-do the entire slideshow from scratch leaving extra blank space around all the edges.

Re: Aspect ratio questions

Hello Mark! Most modern TVs have an aspect ratio or picture size settings that can be adjusted. Look for a button on your TV remote or within the TV menu that controls the aspect ratio. Set it to "16:9" or "Full" to ensure the video fills the entire screen without any black bars. Also, some TVs have additional display modes like "Zoom," "Stretch," or "Wide" that can adjust the picture to fill the screen. Please note that this method may distort the video or cut off parts of a picture.

Re: Aspect ratio questions

Michael wrote:

Hello Mark! Most modern TVs have an aspect ratio or picture size settings that can be adjusted. Look for a button on your TV remote or within the TV menu that controls the aspect ratio. Set it to "16:9" or "Full" to ensure the video fills the entire screen without any black bars. Also, some TVs have additional display modes like "Zoom," "Stretch," or "Wide" that can adjust the picture to fill the screen. Please note that this method may distort the video or cut off parts of a picture.

Hi Michael, thanks for the reply, I've done all that, but it still doesn't show all of my video on TV, however, it looks fine on the computer.

I suspect it will, eventually be a new TV ... sigh - or more likely a lot of playing around on SmartShow3D to get a background image and size that displays correctly on my TV and then base all my future slide shows on that layout.

I was hoping there would be a way to simply reduce the width and height of all the slides without messing up any of the animations, effects, transitions already on the slide, but I can't see any such feature.