Topic: Changing multiple slides or transitions in bulk [Resolved]

I am a longtime Proshow Producer user--but I have a new computer and can't activate Proshow anymore. My shows are fairly basic--only cross hatch transitions, no zooming or motion etc. But being able to time the slides precisely is important to match shifts in the music.

I am trying to figure out how to make changes to slide timing and transition timing in bulk. With Proshow you selected a number of slides with SHIFT-click, made the change to one, and it flowed to all selected. That doesn't seem to work with SmartShow (although it did in the trial version, when I was testing it). How does one do this?

Also, can you type in a fractional amount of time--and have it stick? I can type in 3.3, for instance, but can't really tell if it is longer than 3.0 sec. It makes a difference, again when fitting a group of slides to a stretch of music or more precisely times a single slide.

Thanks--I'm hoping this will be a good substitute for my beloved Proshow, which I have been using since 2005.

Re: Changing multiple slides or transitions in bulk [Resolved]

Hi!

You can set the same duration for all the slides or transitions for all the slides in Project Settings. https://prnt.sc/6LWUxYimdst1

Yes, the program allows you to set the duration using fractional numbers.

I don't want to make all slides the same for the whole show--but to set a group of slides to a certain duration (or group of transitions). Proshow would let you select a group of slides and when making the change to one, it applied to all in that group. With Smartshow I can select a group ( Click--shift) but as soon as I start to apply the new duration, the group "select" drops and the change only applies to the single slide.

Hi!

I'm afraid the current version of SmartSHOW 3D doesn't allow you to set the same duration to a selected group of slides or transitions. I've contacted the project management concerning this, and this feature may be added in future updates.

Hello, working with my storyboard or timeline I would just like to easily "select all" slides and transitions.  Yes I can click on the first slide and then move the timeline to the right all the way to the last slide and 'shift-click'  but after selecting slide 1 if I try a keyboard shortcut like 'cntr-A' it does not select all the slides.  In other words can I select all slides and transistions without using my mouse to move the timeline lever?  Thanks much!

Hello!

In the current version, the only way to select all the slide is to select the first one and click on the last one while holding Shift. I'll forward your suggestion to use Ctrl+A to select all the slides to the project manager. Thank you for the idea!