1 (edited by Chantale 2014-12-04 12:31:57)

Topic: Any advice on a high quality mirrorless camera?

After several years of dealing with weighty reflex cameras I' ve decided to get something smaller and more portable for travelling and work purposes. The most interesting for me are Fujifilm X-E2 and Sony Alpha A6000. Purchasing a new gear is always a controversial topic, so I decided to ask your opinion to weigh all pros and cons of mirrorless cameras.

Re: Any advice on a high quality mirrorless camera?

The difference in weight between a DSLR and a Mirrorless Camera is really minimal (a couple of ounces)!

Here is a good read on the for and against of DSLR's compared to Mirrorless Cameras:

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/dslr-vs-mir … 17736.html

Thank you for the link,
It gives answers to many of my questions.
"With superior autofocus in most models, mirrorless cameras provide the best results for most filmmakers" - this reason is very important to me. I want to make short videos from my travel material. Another question is what brand I should choose. Sony, Fuji, Nikon, Canon?

They are all good reliable makes, so it would boil down to features for money in the end.

5 (edited by don_corleone 2014-12-09 15:25:03)

Sony is said to be the best, but I have not tried it myself. I heard, that nikon and canon have very poor kit lenses.

I suspect that lens manufacturers always make the kit lenses of bad quality. This way the customers will buy better and more expensive ones.

Chantale wrote:

I suspect that lens manufacturers always make the kit lenses of bad quality. This way the customers will buy better and more expensive ones.

I agree.

If you still can't decide what camera to choose, find someone you know who has the one you are interested in. Take three/four cameras and test them. Compare the photos taken with different light and settings. That is the only way out, I suppose.

don_corleone, thank you for the advice.