Topic: How to create a time-lapse video?

I want to learn how to make it (I just adore the video blogs with such staff on youtube), but I am not sure if it is possible in SM 3D.
Has anyone tried to create one?

Re: How to create a time-lapse video?

I know how to make stop motion in SM 3D, but know nothing about time lapse. Time lapse is about video, isn't it? And stop motion is made with photos.

I don't know the difference between time lapse and stop motion, but I know that in SM 3D you can change the speed of slides and the speed of transitions. Just choose the simple fading transition and lower its speed to 0.1 and then adjust the speed of slides as you like.

Cindy,
Which one is a "simple fading transition"?

I read a bit about both techniques and just to let you know:

Time lapse and stop motion are close relatives. Stop Motion is an animation technique to make a physically manipulated object appear to move on its own. Remember weird clay cartoons?
A good sample here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_HXUhShhmY

In time lapse you can take a picture every three or four seconds, for instance. When replayed at normal speed, time appears to be moving faster. And this way you cannot  make an object do smth by itself - your hands or you will appear in shot, you see? Time-lapse is a cinematography technique.

So the difference is actually in how you film - in the intervals of taking shots - and in what you film, that's all.

I agree with Cindy - try 0.1 or even 0.5

Thank you for a detailed insight into both techniques Chantale, that was something interesting for me to learn!

On the technical side, I should add that you can actually set the transition duration to 0 in SmartSHOW 3D - this is possible if you type the value instead of using the little arrows. Just select the transition in the storyboard, put the cursor into the value box, delete the current value and type 0. This way your slides will be changing real fast.

Lesley wrote:

Thank you for a detailed insight into both techniques Chantale, that was something interesting for me to learn!

On the technical side, I should add that you can actually set the transition duration to 0 in SmartSHOW 3D - this is possible if you type the value instead of using the little arrows. Just select the transition in the storyboard, put the cursor into the value box, delete the current value and type 0. This way your slides will be changing real fast.

Thanks for the tip. I will test it smile

Lesley wrote:

I think that is what I need. Thank you very much