Topic: Children photo album with animated collages

Have tons of kids' pictures? That's a good reason to make a cute slideshow. Take a look at this one to get inspired:

Have a question or comment? Post it here!

Re: Children photo album with animated collages

I wonder how the slides between min. 1.30 and 1.55 work - the kids' photos seem to be placed on the same slide with striped background, but you cannot see them all at once from the very start, do you know what I mean?

I guess it's the *standart* effect. I'm at work right now, but i think i might take a look when i'll come home

I guess i saw this effect in the Collage menu

Well folks, I wanna know how it works! I know how to make single photos move, but cannot figure out how to hide certain photos for a while and then make them all appear at once as it happens towards the end of the scene.

Cindy, this is created using the 3D camera feature in the slide editor. You're absolutely right - there's actually just one slide (with the striped background) and there are several layers on this slide, 4 photos and some cliparts, to be exact. Each of the photos has its own animation settings, and the 3D camera is used to zoom in a certain photo, then move to the other photo (changing the 3D camera "pan" value), and then zoom out to see the whole big slide with all layers at once.
Take a look at our 3D camera tutorial - the video demo helps you figure out how it works.

Thank you Lesley, I guess I'd never figure out by myself! Cool feature.

That's sooo cute! One questions folks, it's about the first slide after the intro: there are Tigger and Mickey Mouse jumping in a funny way, and then they swap places and, like, bounce off each other - how do you do that? I'm OK with standard animation like panning and zooming or rotations, but this seems to be something beyond my basic knowledge!

Great samples you've got there.

Hi Toni, the "bounce off"effect you mention is created by choosing a special animation mode.
There are 6 animation modes in SmartSHOW 3D: constant speed, smooth, push out, bounce off, speed up and slow down.
You can change the mode for a chosen layer in the Layer tab of the slide editor. This video lesson shows how animation modes work (around min. 0.59)

Thanks Lesley! I'm gonna have a lot of fun with those animation modes I suppose smile