Topic: Where are the Slideshow Templates?

I've been using SmartShow Standard and have been really impressed with its ease of use, particularly with the choice of 20 or so templates available to start off a new project.  Brilliant.
This prompted me to splash out and pay for the SmartShow3D upgraded version to get more features.

Having bought the package and started to use it, I can't seem to find the startup Slideshow Templates.
Can someone help me out - what am I missing here?

Thanks,

TeeGee

Re: Where are the Slideshow Templates?

Hi TeeGee, if I get it right, you mean the slideshow wizard where Slideshow Templates are complete slideshow projects, with preset speed, effects and themes.
There is a 3-step wizard in SmartSHOW, but there is no wizard in the current version of SmartSHOW 3D. These are two different programs. SmartSHOW 3D is not really an upgrade for SmartSHOW, it's more like a professional version of SmartSHOW.
Basically, SmartSHOW is aimed at novice users, and they appreciate the 3-step wizard, and SmartSHOW 3D is usually chosen by users with more experience who prefer to make their own projects from scratch. Anyway, we're planning to add a wizard in SmartSHOW 3D soon as well.

Hi TeeGee, you talking about the wizard, or you cannot find any template to use?
I'll try to help but i need a little more info, thnx

Asgard

When you startup SmartSHOW it gives you THREE options :

New Project
Slideshow Templates
Open Project

I'm referring to the second option here, which doesn't seem to exist in SmartSHOW 3D.  It gave you loads of complete slideshow templates, as Lesley referred to above.

Lesley

Your comment  that SmartSHOW 3D "is not an upgrade for SmartSHOW" is confusing and misleading.
The SmartSHOW Menu bar has a button on it which is labelled exactly that  "Upgrade to SmartSHOW 3D"

You imply that such a wizard is more aimed at novices.  I totally disagree because an experienced user could start off with one of the wizard templates, then go into it and tweak it in an infinite number of ways to achieve a result to exactly match their needs.
That is exactly what I was assuming I would be able to do when I clicked on "Upgrade".
I definitely feel that I have been misled in the purchase in that respect.

Yes, I agree that the added features are excellent, but I don't expect an upgrade to actually REMOVE powerful features.

The most confusing thing of all is that your last comment is trying to justify not having a wizard in SmartSHOW 3D, yet stating that you are going to put one in!!!!
Hopefully when it does reappear, there will be  as many templates as in SmartSHOW, and they will be free, unlike the professionally designed ones which you currently offer for purchase.

Regards
TeeGee

TeeGee, what I mean saying that the wizard is aimed at novices is that advanced users can do without the wizard.
You're certainly right that the wizard is a convenient way to start, for advanced users as well.
We'll add the wizard in future updates of SmartSHOW 3D.

Regarding the upgrade issue: SmartSHOW and SmartSHOW 3D are two different products, both technically and in marketing terms. That is, SmartSHOW 3D is not one of SmartSHOW versions. However, we do offer SmartSHOW 3D at a special price to the owners of SmartSHOW - you can call it "upgrade" in this respect.

Hi Lesley

Yes, I see what you are trying to say, and thanks for that.

Despite my little moan, I have to say that it is a great program.  It's easy to use, is very versatile and gives great results quickly.

You've also got my vote for the speed at which you have replied to my comments.

Thank you.

7 (edited by Mark 2014-02-26 19:30:16)

Judging by your conversation the most confusing word was "upgrade" on the button. I guess the tech guys will fix that

8 (edited by Asgard 2014-02-26 20:10:44)

Hi, TeeGee, i must have previous version, because on the start of the program i have only two options:
Start project  and Open Project

Hi Asgard

No, It sounds like you have Smartshow 3D, which does only have those 2 options.

That was the point of my original comment. 
I started with the basic Smartshow (which has the 3 options I mentioned earlier), and because I liked the program I decided to buy the upgrade, Smartshow 3D, only to discover that it only has the 2 options!
There were about 20 full slideshow templates in Smartshow, which meant that you could create a good-looking show in no time at all.

Lesley mentioned earlier that they are planning to add a wizard to Smartshow 3D.  I assume this means some full slideshow templates.

Regards

TeeGee