1 (edited by germanized11 2016-06-09 18:04:25)

Topic: I'm very frightened

i'm used to using Powerpoint 2010. I see the potential here for something much greater. But instead of using the familiar territory from which i came, all of this is completely different and frankly, quite frightening.  I am attempting to create a 5 minute overview presentation of the courses I teach in the Humanities to be used as a self playing video/audio on my website without going through YouTube. My web software will allow me to use projects saved as WMV's and MP4's and similar video codecs that I can put into the html similar to one I already have there. But that one had to go through YouTube first.

I'm also a music artist so I could use my own music from my music Library. However YouTube has refused me permission to play music even though I own the copyrights. They don't get it so I'm stuck.  I just need a presentation with slides showing various periods of art history, some text to explain what is there, and a little background music. I don't need for it to be excessively fancy, just informative.  Where would I go to see a bullet point type of presentation with simple slide effects and text roll ins to explain what it is I do (teach Humanities privately)?  For grins and giggles, my website is http://www. humanitiesforbrevard.com I write this only so that someone may want to have a look at it, including the wording to get an idea of what might be a suitable way for me to approach my project. I have NO knowledge of this program I just purchased, which was the more expensive one.

Thank you to anyone willing to get me started.

George Richards

Re: I'm very frightened

Hi George, welcome to this forum! Everyone here will be happy to help.

Do I get it right that you've made a video, and need to upload it to your website directly?

Just checked out your website - it looks just great! Can you upload files via FTP there?