Topic: Slide and transition duration

I've been messing around recently and I think there's some kind of relation between slide duration and transition duration. I can't tell exactly though which one it is, and how it works. Any ideas? Maybe there's some tutorial available.

Re: Slide and transition duration

Hi gewitter_wolke. You are right, there is a relation between them. The transition starts before the slide ends. e.g. if the slide duration is 10 sec. and the transition duration is 2 sec., the transition will start at the 8th second of the slide. At the same time, the same amount of time (2 sec.) will be taken from the beginning of the following slide. Hope that helps!

Good point, Michael. Keeping this relation in mind is crucial when you apply animation effects to the slide. If you have several keyframes, with the last keyframe somewhere near the end, make sure there are a couple of extra seconds after the last keyframe - these will be taken by the transition.

Thank you, i will keep that in mind. It's very important to master the level of slideshow making

Yeah, that's a very usefull information for those, who crave the pefect timing

6 (edited by Mark 2014-02-26 19:38:42)

It's strange, but when i click on the transition effect to preview - it flashes for a second and no effect is seen. Anyone has this problem?

Hi, Mark, maybe you need to make you slideshow longer to see how effects take place?

Mark wrote:

It's strange, but when i click on the transition effect to preview - it flashes for a second and no effect is seen. Anyone has this problem?

Strange indeed, works ok with me. Maybe a random bug? Just restart the program smile