Topic: Preset templates

The templates for the 5 minute slideshow that came with the package only allows for 28 photos.  Is there a way to repeat a template to allow for a longer sideshow?

Re: Preset templates

Hi, there's no limit actually, there's just the recommended number of photos. If you add more than recommended, the slideshow will be automatically extended, with some effects repeated.

Thank you Lesley.  Also, I am looking to purchase additional templates.  What is the recommended number of photos for the new templates that can be purchased, is it 28 or more?

You're looking at the designer template packs if I get it right, these ones: http://smartshow-software.com/premium-templates.php
There is no set number of photos since any of these slide templates can be used more than once inside your project, you can also add simple slides with just your photos in between, as in this slideshow for example http://smartshow-software.com/children-photo-album.php
The designer templates are not like "Slideshow in 5 minutes" in this respect. They are installed under Collages. When making a project with these templates, you'll be adding each of them one by one and select the photos that seem to work best with the chosen template.

Hi Lesley, thanks for your quick response.  Loved the children's slideshow.  Anyhow, back to my question,  just to make sure I am understanding you correctly.  In the 5 minute slideshow, the preset template cannot be used more than once unless project saved and then added to another 5 minute one.  With the designer templates for example, I open the template and add my photos (however as many) if I then want more photos in the slideshow can I just add another designer template to the end of the first one? Or are these templates only individual slides?  I hope you can follow me.

omadietje wrote:

In the 5 minute slideshow, the preset template cannot be used more than once unless project saved and then added to another 5 minute one.

That's not quite right. You can add any number of photos to the "5 minute" template. If you add more than recommended, the slide effects will be repeated more than once, that's all.
But if you mean that a "5 minute" template can't be combined with another "5 minute" template, then you're right - they cannot.

omadietje wrote:

With the designer templates for example, I open the template and add my photos (however as many) if I then want more photos in the slideshow can I just add another designer template to the end of the first one? Or are these templates only individual slides?

The designer templates are individual slides, not project files. They are installed under Collages. So you add one of the designer collages to the timeline, choose the photos for it, then add another collage etc.

Thank you Lesley.
1.  I have ordered and installed the Lovestory designer template.  The email with instructions advised me to use a password to retrieve files from archive, but it installed without the password.  Hope I got it all.  Having installed it, I noticed that the package is comprised of individual slides like you said.  I understand it now.

2.  Sorry, another question, tried to insert a screenshot but couldn't.  Under Photos and Videos, in the Lovestory files, there is a folder named 'slides'. Under that folder, there are subfolders called Animation, Static and User.  These subfolders are empty.  What are these for?

Thank you for your order!

omadietje wrote:

Under Photos and Videos, in the Lovestory files, there is a folder named 'slides'. Under that folder, there are subfolders called Animation, Static and User.  These subfolders are empty.  What are these for?

I see what you mean. All the templates inside the designer packs are actually Collages. When you install them, they are added into the dedicated program folder in AppData, here's the path:
C:\Users\ your user account name \AppData\Roaming\AMS Software\FotoShowPRO\Templates

If you open the Templates folder in AppData, you'll see that it stores all types of slide templates - Collages, Subtitles, and Title Clips, and Slideshow in 5 minutes themes. Some came with the software, some are added if you purchase and install designer packs, and your own slide templates are stored there as well. By the way, make sure you make a backup copy of this folder before you reinstall Windows for example - otherwise, the templates created by you will be lost.

Back to your question, the archive with the designer collages simply has the same structure as the AppData folder. It's necessary for the correct installation.

Here is how to insert images on this forum:

[img=your image name]your image URL[/img]

For example:

[img=spring blossoms effect]http://smartshow-software.com/images/floral-effects-demo.jpg[/img]

So, you need to upload your image somewhere on the Web (any image sharing service like Flickr, or your own website/blog) and then share the link here.