Topic: timing

is there someway to *type in* the exact time on the timeline that I want a keyframe to occur without using the mouse? with the timeline scaled to the *thousandth* place it is very very hard to land right on a specific value ...

Re: timing

No, you cannot type in the time for a keyframe. You can keep an eye on the timer while you drag, though.

Sometimes you need to adjust the timing for multiple layers. For example, you want two photos to appear simultaneously in different parts of the slide, so you need a keyframe for each of them at the same exact point. In such cases, it's best to follow the prompt that appears when you click on the second layer after setting a keyframe for the first - I mean the prompt that asks "Add keyframe for this position?" If you choose Yes, the keyframe for the second layer will be added in the same position.

By the way, the prompt I mentioned might seem disturbing at first when you don't know what it's meant for. But when you master creating elaborate slide designs with multiple layers and keyframes, you come to love this option.

Re: timing

Well, boo hoo  for not being able to adjust it without the slide bar.  However, your second tip is interesting and I will remember that.

Thank you again!

heidi